Barnes Group Inc. – Barnes Aerospace MRO West Chester has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a Component Repair Engineer. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the production floor managing and coordinating new product development, establishing milestone schedules and cost estimates for tooling, fixtures, and equipment. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. This position reports to Engineering Supervisor.
- Developing processes that control the quality of repaired parts (Legacy and NPI).
- Creating and maintaining inspection data sheets.
- Creating and maintaining process routing sheets
- Creating and maintaining operation work instructions.
- Work closely with the CAD/CAM team to develop fixturing, gaging, and tooling.
- Process improvements to reduce repair cost (cost out projects).
- Provide technical assistance to operational leaders and shop employees.
- Provide daily operational/production support in order to satisfy customer requests.
- Support Sales and Customer Service in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Disposition of nonconforming hardware.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a process engineering position. Aerospace manufacturing or component repair & overhaul operations experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing processes; Welding, Heat Treat, Chemical Cleaning, CNC Machining, Surface Grinding, Laser Drilling and EDM.
- Experience in repair of HPT and LPT airfoil and flowpath components a plus.
- Familiarity with OEM engine overhaul manuals and repair documents.
- Must be cognizant of applicable FAA repair station regulations.
- Project leadership experience desired.
- Geometric tolerance and blue print reading proficiency.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products including Project.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate and develop work instructions.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Materials/Aerospace/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus.