When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Briova fill a unique and important role. Briova, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you'll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently or in a team / group setting. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation. Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing. Calibrate dosing pumps.- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist - in - Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.)
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues while ensuring accurate information is provided
- Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- Compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- Perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
- Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Education / GED or higher
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state of Florida
- 18 months of sterile compounding experience within a hospital or home infusion setting
- 6 months applied practice of USP 797, Clean Room Management and USP 800
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours with intermittent breaks
- This position’s schedule is as follows; Monday – Friday (8:30am - 5:30pm or until work is complete) and an on call one weekend, every 3 – 4 weeks. Hours will vary depending on workload. Schedule is changed monthly depending on work needs and availability of employees. Flexibility is key.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- 24 months of sterile compounding experience within a hospital or home infusion setting
- 18 months applied practice of USP 797, Clean Room Management and USP 800
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Majority of time is spent in the laboratory. Minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment. Exposure to chemicals used in the preparation of compounds (some chemicals are classified as toxic, hazardous, or chemotherapeutic agents and special safety precautions must be taken when working with these chemicals)
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit in front of computer for long periods of time
- Ability to wear required compounding safety equipment for long periods of time when required
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Tamps, FL; IV Sterile compounding; Pharmacy Technician; National pharmacy technician, Hospital, Home infusion, Specialty pharmacy