Sabre Systems is currently recruiting for a Computer Scientist to work in Aberdeen, MD, supporting the Space & Terrestrial Communications Directorate, Tactical Communications Division. The Computer Scientist will be interested in working in a challenging, hands on environment supporting the Department of Defense and other specialized customers.
The Computer Scientist will assist and engage in the design, development, testing and evaluation of network communication technologies products and solutions in support of the Army WIN-T program. The position entails developing, evaluating and testing solutions that enables the Army's backbone tactical wireless networked communication system. The computer scientist will:
- Apply knowledge of computer science concepts and techniques, mathematics, and methods of statistical analysis to develop mission planning applications and maintenance for WIN-T networks, network interfaces and network management systems.
- Use mathematical, statistical, and scientific logic to identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to WIN-T.
- Analyze and formulate architectural and functional specifications, interfaces, and data structures.
- Write, modify, and adapt computer programs in Java, C++, C#, F#, Linux and Visual Basic using an Agile or modified Agile software development approach.
The selected candidate must have a Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or Computer Systems Information Management and five (5) years' of computer science experience. A CompTIA Security+ Certification is highly desired.
The selected candidate must also have:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including, but not limited to Solaris UNIX, Aonix UNIX, SunOS, Linux, Linuxworks, LynxOS, Microsoft DOS, Microsoft Windows, mass-storage devices and/or local area networks (LANs).
- The ability to develop software using Agile or modified Agile development process Java, C, C++,C# ,F# Visual Basic, Linux and Python.
The selected candidate must have an active DOD Secret Clearance or be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.Overview
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor