Computer Systems Analyst I (7p-7a - Rotating Panama Shift)
PenFed is hiring a Computer Systems Analyst I in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to operate computer console and peripheral equipment to ensure efficient and continuous processing of systems consistent with department and computer operations procedures. This position will also monitor production systems running to ensure that schedules are met and exceptions are handled according to procedure. This position is on a Panama Shift - 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, etc. rotating every other weekend).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Report data center problems to supervisor and other appropriate personnel according to policies and procedures and provides information concerning the nature of the problem, steps taken to resolve the problem and availability impact.
- Communicate system status and tasks at shift turnover according to procedure to ensure that all actions requiring follow-up are conveyed to the next shift. Other types of communication may also be required including turnover of a written status report and/ or phone mail status messages as required.
- Handle IT Hotline issues in a professional and courteous manner by properly answering phones, documenting hotline calls in shift report as appropriate.
- Perform routine building equipment and security monitoring to ensure that the building is secure and all critical facility systems are working including air conditioning, heating, chillers, security systems and power. Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures for building and equipment.
- Complete system checklists under minimal supervision and according to detailed schedule by monitoring consoles to ensure the systems are running in accordance with applicable procedures. Resolve outstanding requests in a timely manner. Keep the immediate supervisor informed of out of date documentation.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in computer related discipline is preferred or combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of one (1) year without a degree or no experience with a degree.
- Require excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Operating system.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX / Linux Operating systems.
- Understanding of Help Desk operations is a plus and wiliness to learn tape management, print distribution and console monitoring are plus.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and various shifts as needed to meet staffing requirements.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.