Configuration Analyst- Collegeville, Pennsylvania - Monday-Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Configuration Analyst, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Configuration Analyst play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Provide analysis and coordination of projects related to database, ensuring standardization, integrity, consistency of data, synchronization with multiple systems (such as QLS,QMPS, QPS, IDAA, QTIM, Billing, Customer Products, Directory of Services). Work with Best Practice Team leaders and other customers on standardization and other nationwide projects.
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Review, analyze and implement database requests from the Best Practice Teams, Medical Directors or other groups responsible for standardization decisions.
- Review, analyze and implement database requests from the Business Units, working within the approval process of the department.
- Perform analysis of impact to lab operation, billing or pricing.
- Coordinate the implementation of such database changes nationwide, providing clear communication and detailed information to the laboratories of the necessary changes.
- Provide training of database functions to the training and laboratory staff.
- Troubleshoot issues reported from the National Help Desk or Business Units to resolve database problems for all labs. This may include on-call coverage.
- Support with data analysis for IT programming staff in the deployment of software projects nationwide.
- Involved in the analysis and database development portion of large IT projects such as LIS implementations, interfaces with other CPU links. Run selected projects under the direction of the Manager of Application Databases.
- Support the Manager of Application Databases monitoring quality, adherence to conventions, standardization, and integrity of all national databases.
- Assist IT personnel such as the training and programming staff in the development of user documentation and procedure recommendations.
- Responsible for low and medium complexity projects in QLS and/or IDAA, QMPS and QPS. Functions such as new tests and profiles, calculations, reflexes, SHL modules, QPS companies, interpretations.
- Perform preliminary tests of database changes and obtain approvals prior to implementation. Participate in the creation of test plans in conjunction with project coordinator or managers.
- Participate in quality review discussions to resolve issues and review errors.
- B.S. or equivalent in medically related field required. MT (ASCP) preferred.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
- B.S. or equivalent in medically related field required. MT (ASCP) preferred
- Test database file maintenance preferred
- LIS (QLS, Questlab, IDAA) experience preferred
- Familiarity with QLS NSDB database, or other Test Database related systems (IDAA, Antrim File Definition, Directory of Services data)
- Familiarity with other Desktop tools such as MS Excel, MS Word, Access, etc.
- Laboratory operation processes (especially for QLS, QMPS, QPS system maintenance)
- Specimen process flow and transport (especially for IDAA database system maintenance); knowledge of specimen requirements for routine and esoteric testing
- Minimum 3 years experience in laboratory systems (LIS)
- Minimum 2 years experience in database maintenance in technical database LIS
- Project management experience highly desirable
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to 10% travel required
- Occasional off hours support including on call
- Good judgment and organization. Duties are very complex and require that multiple computer systems are updated, synchronized, coordinated.
- Must coordinate implementation of database changes over different systems.
- Wide range access to confidential, sensitive information requires discretion.
- Adherence to standard conventions that support standardization of database.