The OSP Construction Manager has overall responsibility for the coordination of design, permitting, material acquisition, construction and tie-in of outside plant construction projects and programs. The employee will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project. The OSP Construction Manager will make recommendations to management regarding ways to get the project back on track to meet cost, quality and schedule goals.
- Conceptual development and budget management of projects and programs (route development, estimate costs, plan projects, schedule projects, and mapping)
- Identify pole ownership, right of way and permit requirements for proposed routes
- Communicate with city, county and state permitting agencies
- Work with private property owners such as individuals and railroad companies to secure easements and licenses
- Work with telephone companies and private building owners to secure building entrance approval and installation of building entrances
- Develop construction bid documents and bid analysis
- Recommend contractors and contract negotiations
- Complete and secure city, state and county permit applications
- Complete pole attachment applications and pole line make ready review
- Monitor contractor progress, contractor quality inspection, and timely turnover of assigned projects
- Monitor and ensure SSP (Single Source Provider) on track to meet service level agreements
- summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics
- Review preliminary construction prints from right-of-way authorities and determine potential conflicts; attend utility coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results and coordinate repairs as needed.
Job Category: Engineering
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.