What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
Accountabilities in this role
- Be a trusted and action oriented partner for business and IT teams
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to determine action plans
- Become a subject matter expert in business processes and data
- Perform business analytics using SQL Server, Teradata, Business Objects and other tools
- Use Tableau, Alteryx, and Business Objects to automate, analyze, and track organizational metrics
- Complete large individual projects by deadline with minimal direction
- Gather business data and reporting requirements
- Design and build reporting and measurement systems
- Create technical and training documentation
- Conduct user acceptance testing of reporting and documentation
- Provide training and support to end users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Analytics or related field, preferred
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Must demonstrate clear, concise articulation of proposed actions, illustrating opportunity, alternatives, recommendation, and associated economics
- Hands on analytical tool skills preferred including Alteryx, Tableau, Business Objects or SAS, preferred
- Experience developing creative and innovative analytical insights with high business value
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must demonstrate command of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.