For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We also offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a Defined Benefit pension and match 401(k) plans.
Position / Role Impact Summary:
The Health Consultant performs in a secondary client relationship or business development role; may perform in a primary role for select prospect/client relationships. The Consultant supports/leads initiatives to grow revenue. The incumbent is integral in supporting the delivery of a broad and diverse range of group health benefits consulting services to clients in the Multiemployer, Public Sector, and/or Corporate markets and performs in a role that is highly visible and involving significant client contact. The Consultant works independently and on teams on small to medium sized projects, exercising cooperation, initiative and commitment to meeting assignment and project deadlines. The Consultant proactively mentors and coaches junior staff members and, contributes to a work culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive.
Client team and project experiences involve extensive client-facing opportunities and are purposely designed to provide broad-based exposure to the design, development, and implementation aspects of employee benefit projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to a work culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Focuses on developing advanced knowledge/skills including advising clients on complex subject matter.
- Has broad/deep practice area expertise; expanding to familiarity with services provided by other Segal practices.
- Manages projects involving medium-sized and/or complex cases that may involve coordination of integrated resources within office or region.
- Contributes expertise to peers, subordinates and clients; may formally mentor and develop subordinate staff.
- Conducts final review of work products.
- Influences clients at more senior levels.
- Assumes responsibility to help client teams understand client needs.
- Contributes formally to revenue growth via ability to identify opportunities for extension of own projects and/or for obtaining assignments from existing or new clients in practice area.
- Contributes to firm26rsquo;s thought leadership, intellectual capital and/or innovation and quality improvement initiatives.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience performing relevant roles within a consulting firm and/or progressive corporate environment. Work experience must include involvement in the analysis, design and implementation of a broad range of benefits programs.
- Bachelor26rsquo;s degree in related field, i.e., Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or Health Policy.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative ability.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral / writing) along with ability to interact with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients.