What Instructional Design & Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Instructional Design & Development is responsible for creating and implementing blended learning solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, and measurement and evaluation methods.
- Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify performance needs and recommend solutions.
- Uses instructional design methodology to design, develop and/or deliver blended learning solutions.
- Evaluates and measures instructional solutions to gauge effectiveness.
- Partners with external vendors to ensure programs/products meet requirements and objectives.
- Uses e-learning authoring software programs to develop and deliver interactive training experiences.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions while partnering with members of the Learning Technologies Team to add, administer and maintain training in the learning management system.
- Facilitates instructor-led training demonstrating effective use of presentation/facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc.
Our Learning and Development COE is looking for an experienced ID professional to support our Medical Solutions business, based in the Boston, Mansfield, MA area. This person will work closely with Learning Business Partners and the IDD Hub to consult, design and deliver learning programs, as well as help to manage an audio- video studio for creating learning and communications assets.
- Design and develop self-directed e-modules, webinars and simulations, videos for learning, digital game-based learning and performance support tools.
- Has aptitude and experience with audio visual technology and studio quality production deliverables.
- Convert ideas, experiences, and knowledge from subject matter experts or publications into engaging and interactive learning assets for both online learning and classroom experiences.
- Adapt materials created for one format to another, such as converting a classroom-based course to an online format.
- Create work products such as participant workbooks, leader guides, storyboards, activity creation and job aids.
- Maintain proficiency in authoring software and Microsoft Office products.
- Learn new technology quickly and stays abreast of current industry trends.
- Communicates effectively verbally, visually, and in writing.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Works well with virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in related field, preferred.
- Previous experience creating content for sales forces including sales representatives and sales leadership strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and implement on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Samples of work including portfolio, links or samples may be requested.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.