We deliver products and services that create a differentiated experience for customers while relentlessly improving speed, reliability, and cost supporting supply chain optimization. We enable growth through effective and efficient movement of over 40MM shipments for Cardinal Healthcare customers. This includes the flow of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers.
What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health Logistics
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience with data mining and processing using SQL and R or Python
- Experience using data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI or similar BI tools preferred
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
- Experience building measures and metrics
- Advanced user of BI data visualization and delivery tools such as Excel, Tableau, Looker, Quicksight, etc
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.