What Territory Management - Dist contributes to Cardinal Health
Territory Management is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a specified product line, business segment and/or geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
The Pharmacy Business Consultant incorporates a consultative approach to fulfill customer needs by driving value added services that improve customer operational efficiencies and result in improving customer sales and margins. Candidate will call on independently owned pharmacies and Alternate Cares sites, as main customer base. Product offerings are selling intangible technology programs and services to pharmacies to help solve the overall operations solutions in their stores. This role has responsibility for:
- Assuming direct accountability for all aspects of the selling process within an assigned customer base
- Striving to improve customer loyalty and retention and drive deeper sales penetration within existing customer accounts with a primary emphasis on generic selling
- Analyzing opportunities and developing strategies to drive growth in generic product purchasing
- Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
- Achieving 100% customer retention; prepares presentations, reports, written recommendations and statistical reports as appropriate and/or as requested by sales management
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Min 4 years related sales experience, preferred
- Ability to travel
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.