The Consultant – Dark Fiber is a member of the Network Development team which is responsible for the management and expansion of Windstream’s dark fiber and related conduit / infrastructure assets. They will manage and maintain Windstream’s IRU’s and leases working as a part of a team reviewing contract terms and network requirements along with various Windstream departments. They will be tasked with a variety of projects that include but are not limited to the following:
- Contract analysis, negotiation and preparation in support of the execution of new dark fiber agreements for income related contracts.
- Lead lease / IRU renewal evaluation efforts coordinating with peer groups for network / customer need and/or consolidation.
- Source dark fiber from providers for network expansion and dedicated customer builds negotiating price and terms as well as conducting contract analysis, negotiation and execution.
- Track cost savings efforts for renewals and terminations.
- Create Purchase Orders in connection with new IRU’s and leases.
- Update / cleanse various databases and systems in connection with new, terminated and/or missing agreements.
- Work with billing verification teams to confirm invoicing.
- Support OSP construction teams for implementation of dark fiber sales.
- Maintain standard contract templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years professional level experience; or 8 years professional level experience.
- General understanding of optical transport networks and how they’re constructed.
- Strong contract / lease interpretation and negotiation experience.
- Strong Excel and/or database management skills.
- Familiarity with mapping and billing systems.
Job Category: Engineering
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.