Lease Management Summary:
Directs leasing to secure leases, options, and special agreements covering Office Leases, Retail leases, and Network Leases. Studies and interprets leases, market rates, and other aspects of lease negotiations. Independently works with both internal and external Legal Counsel in negotiating leases. Acts as the main liaison with other departments on any property issues. Negotiates with brokers or other individuals to sell and lease interests in real owned property. Executes general policies established by company officials. Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter; must have good communication skills and have attention to detail; paralegal experience is preferred; contract negotiation experience is necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Drive strategic real estate decisions for both owned and leased properties
- Analyze key real estate metrics and make real estate recommendations based on knowledge of company goals
- Initial review of Market surveys for New location
- Lease review, negotiation and interpretation for all types of leases including office, technical, retail, and Data Center.
- Summarizing Lease Economics on New leases and Renewals for Senior Management Approval
- Manage Landlord Notices and disputes
- Make recommendations leasing policy and procedures
- Property Dispositions - Review owned property list and work with internal departments to assess value, opportunity and need in order to make recommendations on handling and retention going forward, then manage the process.
- Direct contact with Legal on all leasing matters requiring escalation to counsel (including dispute management)
- Review lease payment issues and manage resolution
- Make leasing recommendations based on all aspects of premises, including location, rate, and ability of the proposed landlord to accommodate company’s standards and lease requirements.
- Review all Security Deposits and Letters of Credits in favor of landlords up to and including providing okay to renew LOC’s
- Estoppel and SNDA review prior to escalating to Legal
- Maintain log of LL Waiver’s and Guarantees
- Oversee maintenance of property lists (Active and Inactive) and leasing reports
- Economic development - oversees administration of current incentive plans
- Research any local incentive programs within market involve other departments as necessary (e.g. Tax)
Minimum Requirements:College degree and 4-6 years professional level experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or 8 years professional level related experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Job Category: Real Estate
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.