This OSS Automation Developer (Senior Consultant) position in Network Business Intelligence - Engineering Applications (NBI-Apps) will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies to develop automation against Oracle’s Metasolv Solution (MSS). Projects are in support of data quality initiatives that will enable the Engineering arm of Windstream to function more efficiently and effectively. We are looking for an OSS Automation Developer responsible for implementing the programmatic manipulation of Metasolv Solution’s underlying Oracle database based on manual, web-based requests supplied by engineers and automated requests created by custom data quality auditing software. Your primary focus will be development of all Oracle PL/SQL scripting, Python scripting, and web application development necessary to implement various Metasolv Solution corrections. On top of the mandatory Oracle database and application development skills, specific experience with Python is desirable. The position demands a self-starter who is comfortable organizing other developers to achieve goals and working across functional groups.
• Development of Oracle PL/SQL, web applications, and Python scripting to automate Oracle Metasolv Solution manipulations.
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Manage projects to completion through coordination of cross-functional groups.
• Manage work through Agile tools/methodology, collaborative repositories, issue tracking platforms, and wikis.
• Strong Oracle SQL experience, DML/DDL (PL-SQL, T-SQL, etc) with a focus on Stored Procedure Package development and organization.
• Extensive experience in software development and planning
• Proficiency in Python
• Drive to succeed and improve personally to add value to the role, team, and company.
• Self-starter, relentlessly curious, resourceful, collaborative, and inventive.
• Good team player and communicator.
• Highly organized and meticulous.
• Positivity, and the desire to solve problems in elegant and creative ways.
• Experience with Oracle’s Metasolv Solution (MSS)
• Networking understanding
• Experience and/or familiarity with various functional areas pertaining to telecommunications networks.
o Circuit design
o Traffic engineering
o Network system design
o Equipment planning
o IP/Transport/Access planning/engineering
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing.
• Experience with use of and/or development against some or all of the following platforms.
• MS Visio(or comparable).
• Agile Planning understanding.
• Experience working with large, disparate data sets.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 301 N Main St Ste 5000 |US|South Carolina|Greenville\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.