Tower Health is an innovative, leading health system dedicated to advancing the health and transforming the lives of the people we serve through compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screening and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.
Across our system, you'll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 25 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 3,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, Pa., Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex , McGlinn Cancer Institute , Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department , Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) . With more than 1,000 physicians, specialists, and advanced practice providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for four consecutive years and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row.
Details for this full-time inpatient consultation position:
- This position will be at Reading Hospital
- Consulting Psychiatrist comes to assess any Reading Hospital inpatient with psychiatric need
- 2 extenders will review each case before the physician arrives
- Busiest Emergency Department in Pennsylvania with 137,000 visits annually
- 19-bed Medical Complexity Unit
- 10-bed, fully secured Psychiatric Emergency Services Unit
- Telepsychiatry supports night hours
Additional Psychiatric services offered by Tower Health, but not within this provider's job description, include: Extensive outpatient services throughout Berks County, including partial hospitalization and an Assertive Community Treatment Program. Other services include Medication Assisted Treatment, Behavioral Medicine Pain Management, and a Senior Assessment Program.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with a superb benefits package
- Generous CME Allowance and Time
- Top-Tier retirement programs
- Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers)
Reading Hospital Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoOpgqY5ICU
Contact Name: Christopher David
Contact Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Contact Phone: 570-401-4510 Call or Text
- BE/BC in Adult Psychiatry
- A valid PA Medical License or the ability to obtain one is required
- Completed Fellowship in C/L is preferred