Summary of Functions:
Undergeneral supervision of the CMC Supervisor, The Consumer Medication Coordinatorwill enroll consumers and educate them on the Genoa medication coordination andcompliance services.
This position is located 2 doors down from our existing pharmacy in Jackson and will require walking to and from pharmacy. Our Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30am-5pm. Closed for lunch 12:30-1:00pm
Major Duties &Responsibilities:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa schedule blood draws and sends s- amples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license is required
Educational or SkillsRequirements:
- Where applicable must be licensed Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant backgroud
- PTCB Certification preferred but not required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference and background check.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
Dutiesrequire professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizations skills
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stands,walks, lifts and carries up to 30 pounds at one time, bends, turns, stoops,kneels, climbs, and uses many physical motions in performing day to dayactivities; finger dexterity, gripping, eye-hand coordination, visualacuity.
Work areas may include: driving an automobile (includingpotentially difficult driving circumstances with regard to weather andtraffic). Inside locations; noise generated from telephones,computers/printers, and verbal communication, subject to many interruptions,pressure due to multiple demands, exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens,may be presented with emergency or crisis situations.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-freeworkplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginningemployment.
Keywords: pharmacy, technician,retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical, mental health, behavioral health, sales and marketing, pharm tech, medication coordinator, Jackson, MI