Summary of Functions:
Under general supervision of the CMC Supervisor, The Consumer Medication Coordinator will enroll consumers and educate them on the Genoa medication coordination and compliance services. Candidate must also be a Certified Pharmacy Technician with at least one year of tech experience. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
**This position will be at Upper Valley Behavioral Health in Santa Teresa, NM, 5 days a week. Our business hour are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa schedule blood draws and sends s- amples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license is required
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Where applicable must be licensed Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assistant backgroud
- PTCB Certification and New Mexico Pharmacy Technician license required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference and background check.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizations skills
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stands, walks, lifts and carries up to 30 pounds at one time, bends, turns, stoops, kneels, climbs, and uses many physical motions in performing day to day activities; finger dexterity, gripping, eye-hand coordination, visual acuity.
- Work areas may include: driving an automobile (including potentially difficult driving circumstances with regard to weather and traffic). Inside locations; noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, and verbal communication, subject to many interruptions, pressure due to multiple demands, exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens, may be presented with emergency or crisis situations.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Genoa reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Keywords: consumer medication coordinator, Certified pharmacy technician, CPhT, pharm tech, behavioral health, mental health, customer service,