Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Content Management Specialist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
Join a robust team of marketers where you and your skills are valued, and growth and development are encouraged as we empower better health through diagnostic insights.
This is an on-site role based at our global headquarters in Secaucus, NJ.
Content Management Specialist, the role:
The Content Management Specialist supports the execution of Quest’s Digital Content Management strategy. The Content Management Specialist will be a proactive, creative, and enthusiastic team player, with strong written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include partnering with Marketing colleagues on the development and maintenance of foundational messaging, content, and digital components for web content across various audiences. Counsel will be on-going and proactive to ensure content is timely and relevant to drive efficiency and to continuously improve the online experience across the corporate website, Quest’s portfolio of microsites, web applications and native applications.
The Specialist collaborates with peers on the Marketing team, as well as with cross-functional colleagues, supporting the execution of digital marketing content, tactics and campaigns across the enterprise. The Specialist will play a key role on the Digital Marketing Strategy team, which is currently engaged in a redesign of QuestDiagnostics.com, as well as owning the content health of the site, and the underlying web Content Management System (CMS) on an ongoing basis. Previous experience with web site redesigns, website management, content audits and content maintenance are a plus.
We are looking to elevate our website content creation, audit and maintenance processes plus our SEO programs; this includes expanding our use of content best practices, so we can generate optimal traffic, and understand how content is contributing to company KPIs, such as reducing call volume, impacting online conversion rates, and driving lead volume.
The position requires the ability to drive effective collaboration between internal business partners and IT resources. This is not an IT position; it is a Marketing position. The position reports to the Director, Digital Marketing.
- Develop and educate Marketing colleagues on best practices for content development.
- Develop content strategy to support short and long-term marketing and brand goals.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout.
- Manage and improve content planning approach and processes.
- Complete KPI reviews with Content Section Owners and make recommendations for ongoing enhancements to improve KPIs.
- Perform ongoing UAT on CMS components to ensure proper functionality over time.
- Audit web content to ensure content is being maintained on a regular basis, and that all required meta data is complete and optimized.
- Audit content across marketing channels, and in conjunctions with performance metrics, to identify content gaps and opportunities.
- Assist with coordinating new web development projects using Agile methodology.
- Function as a “Power User” of the Content Management System (CMS) that runs our corporate website:
- Manage documentation and processes to ensure vendor-supported edits run smoothly.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s in marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications or other related discipline, or equivalent work-related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing, including web content strategy, development and management.
- Knowledge of website content management systems (CMS) required.
- Strong web content and audit skills and experience required with a proven track record.
- Strong experience in writing and/or knowing which type of digital content should be featured for websites, landing pages, social channels, advertising, video, email.
- Experience with SEO best practices a plus.
- Fully proficient with various software programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.