Strategic leadership and assessment
- Serves as the principal senior staff contact with all external stakeholders in the production of the annual summit and other continuing education offerings. Stakeholders include the CE Committee, seminar chairs, speakers, laboratory faculty, and vendors.
- Aligns educational program activities and content development with the strategic goals, ensuring that technology and systems are used in the most efficient and effective way to meet annual goals. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the learning programs director supervises and works collaboratively with subject matter experts, volunteer leaders, committees, and other staff members.
- Oversees evaluations of meetings and events and ensures meeting and event evaluation results are incorporated into future planning.
- Supports the CE Committee's research on member needs for training and education.
- Participates in periodic online meetings with CE Committee leaders and members.
- Oversees budget development for each CE opportunity and approves draft budgets for submission to the CEO.
- Monitors revenue and expenses; takes corrective actions to meet financial goals. Alerts CEO to notable variances and decision deadlines through contract life.
- Reviews all post conference vendor invoices following reconciliation by CE logistics manager and prior to payment.
- Supervises the CE logistics manager and the CE program coordinator.
- Coordinates all internal staff resources in CE programs' preparation and execution.
- Assists and provides consultation to the director of CE and the CE Committee leadership team with pursuit of strategic goals and related staff support.
- Manages staff that builds and administers CE‐related content within a content management system.
- Ensures all CE meetings and events are submitted for continuing education credits.
- Oversees coordinating the physical set‐up of meetings and event functions; onsite logistics; and staff involvement in events.
- Oversees developing requests for proposals, when applicable; sourcing, negotiating, selecting, and contracting processes; and making recommendations for services including CE content management, exhibit sales, general service contractor, virtual event production, virtual platforms, mobile apps, and audiovisual provider.
- Manages ongoing contract execution, implementation, and review.
- Evaluates and recommends future sites for all CE events.
- Oversees evaluation of non‐CE meeting site contracts for the organization and the foundation, e.g., Board and committee meetings.
- Collaborates with staff marketing team responsible for delivery of event websites.
- Partners with staff marketing team to recommend marketing and promotional strategies.
- Collaborates with industry relations manager to identify sponsorship opportunities and successful exhibitor and sponsor solicitation, acknowledgment, and programming.
- Travels to the annual summit (approximately 7 days) and CE Committee meetings.
- Travel for other organization‐related business may be required.
- Undertakes other responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and efficient operations of the organization.
High motivation; proactive approach; a history of conscientious work and attention to detail;
ability to handle multiple issues and tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines;
organized; and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Proven leadership, including motivating and supervising staff.
User‐friendly, customer service focus.
Effective budget management.
Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstration of interacting
with external and internal stakeholders with poise and in an articulate and professional manner.
Excellent written communication skills, including grammar and punctuation.
Ability to work in a team‐oriented environment.
Experience working in association management, learning management, content management,
and event registration systems.
Excellent computer technical knowledge with software proficiency, including Microsoft Suite,
social media platforms, SurveyMonkey, and email marketing platforms (e.g., Constant Contact).
Experience with CadmiumCD content management system is a plus.
An organized approach to handling paper source documents, electronic communications, and
data for multiple ongoing programs.
Experience & Education:
A minimum of eight years of successful experience in continuing education programs design and development and meeting planning and management.
Employment with an association or certification organization that holds multiple annual
continuing education events.
College degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.