Continuous Water Analyzers, Sales Development Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Analytical Sales Manager and is located in Houston, Texas. As a Continuous Water Analyzers, Sales Development Specialist, you will be responsible to Develop the Continuous Water Analyzers (CWA) business in industrial and wastewater market segments. This will be achieved with strategic industry development and consultative application development to establish approval and preference for ABB’s CWA product line, solutions, and services. This will be achieved collaboratively with ABB sales partners and ABB sales and service teams, demonstrating both commercial and technical expertise to lead in development efforts. Identify and pursue business opportunities and strategy for development of CWA products, solutions, and services. Participate in planning efforts with other ABB Sales Managers. Establish and maintain close ties with customers, sales partners, and support groups. Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and forecasts, and develop cost effective business strategies to achieve objectives. Provide input for preparation of strategic proposals and determine appropriate technical and contractual strategies consistent with the organization's objectives.
Develop action plans by industries and/or accounts and execute directly and by directing and leading collaborative efforts with CWA sales partners and ABB sales and service teams. Establish business/market segment strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and increase customer satisfaction. Provide market feedback and coordinate project teams with internal teams to develop unique business opportunities. Determine commercial viability of products and resources required. Negotiate commercial positions with customers, partner and internal teams while effectively representing the organization.
- Ensure that sales partners and sales teams are in full compliance with ABB Policies, Laws and Regulations.
- Drive the Core Values and Behaviors defined by ABB PAMA Sales division.
- Forecast bookings and meet/exceed resulting objectives.
- Manage the Salesforce Sales Funnel, providing continuous support and direction to sales partners and sales teams.
- Drive the activities and development of sales partners to provide optimal sales coverage for sales development.
- Train and mentor sales partners and sales teams assess technical and sales skills and develop as needed.
- Ensure that ABB meets customer expectations and contractual obligations.
- Plan sales strategy and sales plans for major project development.
- Develop and maintain technical influencer and management level contact with major accounts.
- Build and maintain long-term customer relationships to increase market penetration and mitigate risk.
- Assess CWA markets to determine commercial viability of products, requirements, and risks in the industry.
- Foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Minimum 5 years of related technical experience with CWA products and applications in a sales role.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Industry sales and/or business development experience with CWA products.
- Experience working with and developing sales partners and sales teams.
- Higher education is valued especially in a technical field such as mechanical or electrical engineering, but not necessary if the candidate has 10 or more years of proven industry experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.