Barnes Aerospace Windsor Division is seeking a Contracts & Customer Service Manager to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for sustainable growth. The right candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in contract management and negotiation for both commercial and government contracts, as well as pricing and compliance activities within a business. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Manages execution of daily contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity through the contract’s life cycle.
- Lead contract drafting and negotiation activity for all Barnes Aerospace opportunities both new and legacy for the respective division.
- Review POs, Contracts, LTA (long term agreement) documents for new orders and issue discrepancy letters to customers for any items on PO’s not meeting quote or agreement; to include dissemination of contract requirements terms and conditions and guidance to functional areas.
- Review and analyze customer schedule changes to understand impact to sales plan; coordinate and submit any pricing changes required by customer changes.
- Implement initiatives to meet all federal statutory and regulatory requirements and Barnes policies regarding export compliance and federal acquisitions. Ensure small business plans and reporting is completed as required.
- Serve as Division Export Compliance Administrator (DECA). Administer all export activity (both Defense and Commercial) to include: training; shipping; contract review; license and agreement preparation and submittal and; foreign visitor screening and employment plans Ensure that any export compliance issues are addressed during the quoting process to customers.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for divisional and group initiatives. Generate and maintain customer satisfaction metrics for the respective division.
- Coordinate with Division management and operations personnel on the execution of monthly sales plan and its impact on customer requirements.
- Own backlog validity and integrity in compliance with SEC and BGI policy and guidelines. Conduct analysis of backlog to ensure that configuration changes are handled timely and accurately to reflect the actual backlog.
- Compile data to capture outstanding monies from customers when termination occurs in conjunction with the Sales and Division Manager’s termination negotiations.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience with team-oriented leadership skills required.
- 5+ years of experience in a contract management/ account management related position in a manufacturing environment.
- Contracts experience with commercial, international, and direct and indirect government contracts. FAR, DFARS knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively tailor messaging with and for all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity of lean process management to enable continuous improvement.
- Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures.
- B.S. degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)