Contracts Specialist - Marine Engine Services
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Contracts Specialist - Marine Engine Services, you will ensure all contract management activities are tendered, negotiated, and executed in accordance with the Contract Negotiations Handbook/Contract Management Framework and relevant Group/Division/Business Unit directives and instructions, including Company procedures and the Contract Management Framework.
Reporting to the Service Station Manager, you will drive the formal acceptance of the project by the customer, maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project.
- Tender preparation and negotiation support: Reviews and comments on contract terms and conditions and annexes to the contract/frame agreement. Defines contract management strategy and contract formulation. Supports bid go/no-go decisions based on risk assessment of contract terms and conditions.
- Contract execution (from project kick-off to project closure): Identifies the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule, and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of potential risk. Gives guidance on general contractual issues, clarifying queries if required by referring to Legal Department.
- Contract closure: Verifies that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Assesses success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting. Documents and communicates to all appropriate parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- Contract and claims: Enforces and defends ABB’s contractual interests towards customers and suppliers, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations, as well as defending and enforcing claims. Supports Legal handling formal dispute resolution, litigation, and arbitration, notifying and liaising with Legal to report major claims and keeping Legal updated of any critical development during project execution.
- Commercial execution: Ensures timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects of contracts (payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, bank credits, etc.) and assists the Project Manager or Sales Manager or FES Manager in initiating guarantees when creating the contract.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience in Project/Contract Management or combination of education and years of experience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.