We are working with an established insurance wholesaler that has built a reputation of service and quality over the last 4 decades. This role will guide their accounting & financial strategy and execution into the future.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.