Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. ABB traction technologies are used around the globe in railway vehicles such as locomotives, regional trains and trams as well as electric buses. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We are looking for a highly motivated and well experienced project manager who will be operating in a complex corporate environment with numerous interfaces and stakeholders at various levels. As the main point of contact for project customers, you’ll be taking full responsibility for the safe execution of the projects and will ensure successful on time and budget delivery as well as positive customer experience and balance it with internal business requirements. If you are a communicative team player with technical background, then this is your chance to make a difference. Join us at ABB.
The role reports to Electrical Engineering & Service Manager and located in Richmond, Virginia. As a Controls & Systems Engineer, you will be responsible to provide control, software and commission support for projects of varying complexities. This includes proposal creation, lead commissioning activities and service support for rail projects. This position will apply power electronics, software and control systems knowledge to ensure completion of all activities efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the documentation of converter software.
- Apply expertise to software design and carry out project-specific adaptations to Codesys-based software.
- Configure the vehicle control unit to suit project-specific adaptations by using Codesys IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Advice on software tests during converter type-tests in the lab.
- Fine-tune the software during vehicle commissioning and provide software support for the service department as well as customers.
- Drive the Software troubleshooting activities both at the customer site and the factory.
- Ability to work with remote teams and adopt to different international working cultures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and minimum 2 years of some combination of complex embedded systems or power electronics.
- Master Degree is a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Domestic and International travel 40%.
- Ability to perform software commissioning during project life cycle (up to 20% of working hours).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.