With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Note to Applicants: This posting is for our openings for Controls Engineers that occur on a regular basis due to expansion projects and company growth. We have both immediate and future needs for Controls Engineers of all levels. Summary: Established technically competent Controls Engineer/Specialist who independently develops and implements solutions. Understands business contexts of assignments and makes decisions which impact profitability. Have and demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including batch software, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology. Familiarity with electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building. Develops network of internal and external contacts appropriate to the job.Main Responsibilities
1. Independently performs and implements controls-related project or manufacturing support tasks, which have a direct impact on company profitability.
2. Successfully executes multiple project or manufacturing support tasks in a cGMP environment; and understands regulatory and quality assurance requirements/impact.
3. Recognized authority in Siemens PCS7 automation platform (WinCC included).
4. Develop a general understanding of the plant processes and products to provide technical support to all manufacturing areas.
5. Understands electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
6. Develops innovative design solutions to complex problems.
7. Develops a network of internal and external contacts appropriate to the job. When assigned, able to oversee (external) consultants.
8. Prepares and manages small to medium-sized Capital Projects.
9. Assists the department in developing policies, programs, SOPs, and Quality and Engineering standards to meet current industry, corporate Quality, and external Regulatory requirements.
10. Maintains close contact with QA and Manufacturing groups to assure effective communication on process/facility problems and issues related to process controls.
Education: BS Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. In lieu of an Engineering degree, technical experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated industry may be considered.
Experience: 2+ years in pharma or process related in a regulated environment.
Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude; good communication skills.
CSL is introducing a new Career Framework, which will provide a common, global infrastructure for managing jobs and serve as a foundation for future career development and competitive rewards. Certain components of this job description, including Title and Level are subject to change relative to applicable local laws. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will discuss the pending changes with you.