- The primary role of the Controls Technician is to work as a key maintenance team contributor to support company objectives with respect to keeping the plant equipment in excellent working condition. Responsibilities include reducing setup, repair, install, maintain machinery and process equipment including; electrical, special projects, component failures, measuring and calibrating equipment, performing preventative maintenance duties and providing corrective technical support for equipment. The role requires strong electrical and PLC troubleshooting aptitude. The Controls Technician will be actively involved in the support of Safety. Quality and Good Manufacturing Practices and Preventive Maintenance programs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Troubleshooting PLC/Control Systems, VFD and controls. Support the manufacturing process by conducting plant audits to ensure transactions are being conducted within LFI guidelines. Work with both Production and Warehouse personnel to ensure accurate reporting of both raw materials and finished goods. Supports and completes Preventive and Planned maintenance of electrical equipment including but not limited to; cleaning, inspecting, setup, diagnosing, replacement, testing and continuous improvement. Support the manufacturing process by conducting plant audits to ensure automated system transactions are being conducted within LFI guidelines. Work with both Production and Warehouse personnel to ensure accurate PLC system reporting of both raw materials and finished goods;
· Identifies and reports the need for repairs/major repairs to Maintenance Management. Assist in the diagnoses of electrical malfunctions in machinery, equipment and processes. Inspect visually and listen to machines, equipment and processes to locate causes of malfunctions. Assist with the installation of new equipment and enhancing equipment through continuous improvements and upgrades. Yearly plant shut-down maintenance work required;
· Work within the maintenance team to accurately communicate/document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems. Effectively communicate with other departments in a professional manner at all times to communicate on equipment and repair status. Work closely with Engineering, Maintenance Managers and Master Mechanics on projects and continuous improvement. Crossover with previous shifts maintenance and production employees to review the schedule and current runs, identifying what needs repair and plan product changeovers;
· Completes all task while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines but not limited to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF and all internal/external audits;
· Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience or AAS Electrical Tech
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC;
- Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems and Power Transmissions, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves;
- Experience with Temperature controls and I/P loops;
- Experience with calibration of RTD, T/couple and other low voltage sensors;
- Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot production machinery (i.e. Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Case Packers, Case Formers, Coolers and Pasteurizers);
- Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP Training;
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Able to communicate in a professional manner;
- Able to use a variety of measuring tools and test equipment;
- Able to work independently, with limited supervision;
- Ability to work with numbers, perform calculations and demonstrable mechanical inclination;
- Knowledge of Drill Press, Chop Saw, Port-a-Band, Sawzall and other maintenance tools preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Multi-Meters, Amp Probes, Meger Ohm Meter, PLC troubleshooting via Laptop, Panelview;
- Food Manufacturing Experience, a plus.