The Conventional Underwriter will deal with numbers, calculations and must possess a good auditing and analytical skills including a firm knowledge on math. A good skill in decisions making is also vital since the major of mortgage underwriters are deciding and evaluating whether to approve or deny the client's loan application.
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze all loan documents, which include the following: AUS decision report, credit report, all sources of income including complex personal and business returns, assets, preliminary title report, appraisal, purchase agreement, escrow instructions, occupancy verification, red flags and fraud check.
- Input data into DU/LP and run final AUS.
- Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by management.
- Underwriter files and clear conditions on loans with attention to detail as well as with a sense of urgency for our customers.
- Input loan data and decisions accurately into current operating system.
- Examine transaction matrix, internal, and investor overlays to ensure compliance with investor guidelines.
- Implement and enforce fraud detection techniques. Request supplemental information/documentation as necessity dictates. Recognize risk factors that may compromise overall quality of loan file.
- Aid in the resolution of any applicable pre-funding or post purchase loan deficiencies by assisting the post-closing department in curing any outstanding conditions or concerns.
- Effectively communicate orally and/or via email all loan decisions rendered on files in a professional and positive manner to maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Maintain consistent communication with brokers and sales staff to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner while demonstrating outstanding level of customer service skills.
- Must have recent underwriting experience with all Conventional loans products for a minimum of 2 years and is current within the last 6 -9 months on all updated guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Extensive knowledge of all FNMA/FHLMC and investor guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, capable of expressing complex issues and soliciting input from a broad audience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- Game room, Starbucks daily, resting room, nursing room, and many more treats.
- Remote or on-site positions available
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.