At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Cook I, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Cook I, Community Corrections prepares approved menu meals for the resident population and staff. Follows proper food handling procedures to ensure compliance with processes, food preparation methods and sanitary standards.
- Review menu cycle for break out, prepares food according to menus and serves meals at designated meal times.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal delivery and serving hours, preserving the quality, temperature, and food appearance within food safety guidelines.
- Assist and/or direct the serving of meals in accordance with dining schedule and within compliance standards to include portion control, temperature and proper serving procedures.
- Transports prepared meals by company vehicle, to be served at other community corrections location(s).
- Assists with loading/unloading of food; ensures all items are properly secured during transport and delivered at designated time frames.
- Distributes food plates during late meal service.
- Review temperature logs for food, refrigeration and freezer. Reports relevant information of potential unsanitary conditions to supervisory staff.
- Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen after each meal preparation, to include all refuse is disposed of promptly, using appropriate containers.
- Conduct inspections of equipment and work area, to include kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for maintenance and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety laws. Report results of inspections as required.
High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
Experience in food service and good knowledge of volume food service operation, including safety and sanitation is preferred.
Must meet all state and local government food handling requirements.
Must pass and obtain a food handler card within 30 days after the date of hire.
Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran