Job Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing LPN home care to Sister residents, complying with all applicable rules and standards by governing entities.
Essential Specific Job Duties
- Communicates with the Licensed Staff regarding Sister residents conditions and their treatments and reports any changes or problems of Sister resident conditions.
- Complies with Assisted Living and Housing with Services licensing rules and standards, and is available for state and federal licensure surveys.
- Provides LPN direct care to the Sister residents following care plans and service plans.
- Monitors responsibilities and practices of Nursing Assistants as delegated by RN Case Manager(s), and provides the RN with information.
- Provides and monitors accurate and timely documentation of health progress and pertinent information on the Sister resident charts according to policies and procedures and in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Processes physician orders for Sister residents, prepares information for physician rounds, arranges for Sister medical appointments including the preparation of pertinent information for physician visit, and performs other related tasks.
- Maintains working knowledge of medications, assists with medication check-in, monitors accuracy in medication administration by Nursing Assistants, and complies with the medication administration system processes and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all emergency procedures for Sister residents.
- Complies with the Vulnerable Adult Act, and assists management in investigation and reporting.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Sister residents and employees ensuring appropriate care is provided.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, nursing service meetings, in-services, and other required meetings.
- Serves as a positive role model for the organization by ensuring effective communication and encouraging teamwork through collaborative and cooperative interactions with all employees, departments, and administration.
- Supports the efficient operation of the nursing department by ensuring clean, safe work areas, maintaining files, documents, duplicating forms, etc.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Click Apply Now!