What Database Administration contributes to Cardinal Health
Database Administration is responsible for operational support, managing system health, resource management and enforcing technology standards for physical databases on specific database technologies in the production environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform database troubleshooting of various types of issues, including performance, stability, and operational.
- Models/implements preventative and proactive monitoring in the database environment and provide it to application teams.
- Collaborates with projects teams and assists with design, execution, and implementation of projects requiring database deliverables.
- Develops capacity forecasts based on utilization of the database environment, including storage.
- Assists with the creation, implementation, and enforcement of enterprise standards around database technologies.
- Supports multiple buyers/planners as well as segments of business
- Primary responsibilities include data setup and maintenance
- Timely and accurate completion of weekly reporting
- Regular communication with internal and external partners
- Contributing to identifying and implementing process improvements
- High School diploma/GED equivalent preferred
- 2 to 4 years work experience in related field preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Office programs and Outlook preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred
Ideal Candidate Attributions
- self-motivated; high initiative
- great attention to detail
- interested and capable of self-development
- desires increased organizational knowledge
- collaborative skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete standard tasks
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Selects correct processes from prescribed rules or guidelines
- Work is closely managed and follos details instructions
- Seeks regular guidance and advice from supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.