SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Coordinator, Product Certification coordinates the necessary activities required to certify products destined to specific export markets. Serves as a liaison between SGS Certification Team and Exporters (Clients), addresses Client needs and questions, guides Client requests through the process flow, reviews input documentation and output requirements and Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for accuracy. The Coordinator must ensure high customer satisfaction by ensuring all requests are managed in an expedient and thorough manner.
- Receives Client service requests, reviews accuracy, completeness and registers them in the processing system.
- Works with Certification Team to determine product certification requirements based on the destination market.
- Works with the Client to build product file to be submitted for Certification.
- Reviews product quality and shipping documents for completeness.
- Transmits all the relevant documents pertaining to respective contractual requirements to Certification Team for processing.
- Liaises with the Certification Team to ensure timely processing of the Client’s service request.
- Helps resolve client questions, concerns and helps clients find solutions to challenges encountered during Certification process.
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves issues of different complexity by finding solutions to challenges encountered during the Certification process.
- When applicable, monitors product testing and product inspection activities in order to ensure they are expediently carried out and client is informed of status.
- Generates client billing information and follows up with client for payment once invoice is issued.
- Maintains contact with Client for resolution of discrepancies, requests for additional information, and follows up for missing information to ensure timeliness of approved and or corrected certificate issuance.
- Complies with Quality Management System procedures, Country Instructions and other relevant instructions, policies and procedures.
- Prepares regular job status report and communicates to Operations Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree
- 3-5 years of experience in trade import/export business or product quality management (working under quality systems).
- Experience with international trade or quality control in combination with education and experience outlined above
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.