The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The QC Coordinator is responsible for routine submission of samples to QC laboratories. Provides daily and weekly updates to Management regarding the status of samples undergoing testing in QC. Communicates OOS failures to Quality Analyst for MRB review. Support cross-functional teams on lab target releases, facility audits and escalates priorities to QC management. Corresponds with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the QC laboratory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing status updates to other departments regarding the submission of samples (R&D, consumer complaints, extended expiration date samples and stability (sample handling and control, data entry, etc).
- Responsible for assigning and prioritizing incoming sample submissions (i.e raw material, bulk, contract bulk, special samples etc.) on-time delivery within a 24 hour cycle time. Trouble shoots and resolves issues with all parties when sample delivers are delayed.
- Performs systems (i.e AS-400) transactions in order to release material on a continuous basis.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel concerning re-sampling and to acquire missing information such as documentation and specification issues.
- Associate may support and assist the facility during annual audits.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reports including but not limited to quality data trending, informational spreadsheets, laboratory log spreadsheets, etc.
- Reviews certificates of analysis (CoA) from raw material suppliers, QA/QC reports and other quality documents.
- Provides information related to the testing of Customer Complaints as part of the investigation process.
- Assist Quality Management with the coordination and submission of outside lab samples and results within a 24 hour cycle time.
- Creates Purchase Orders for the laboratory supplies and manages the receipts and invoices through the iBuy system.
- Provides training and technical support to the Quality Coordinator group regarding raw material testing requirements and bulk specifications.
- Leads initiative for continual improvement for the team.
- Follows and complies with approved regulatory policies and standard operating procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Works with higher-level technical and scientific personnel as needed to learn more about analytic issues, testing requirements, new product specifications which may include new methods.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.