As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for Copy Coordinators to join our team supporting Sinclair’s regional sports networks (RSNs). You will be responsible for interfacing with advertising agencies and sales departments to ensure proper commercial material has been received and scheduled via client specifications. You will ensure Engineering teams receive materials and execute on Copy instructions. You provide immeasurable value to our team as a key player in obtaining a significant portion of ad revenue.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
- Verify receipt of traffic instructions for upcoming media buys with emphasis on working ahead to allow adequate time to research missing items
- Enter traffic instructions in the traffic system while ensuring accuracy
- Review missing Copy/Instructions Report and make sure sales teams know of outstanding Copy needs
- Review missing materials in playout system and ensure correct materials are obtained and run
- Maintain an orderly filing system
- Demonstrate excellent customer service approach with internal Traffic (SASO) Hubs, sales teams and clients
- Provide a daily dub list to On-Air/Master Control and a monthly purge list
- Ensure that daily Copy checkbacks of all data entry is done by a person other than who entered for maximum accuracy
- Ensure maintenance of systems in an orderly, standardized, and documented fashion in order to ensure there is a backup plan in the event of your absence
- Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to unlock new possibilities through adoption of new technologies, automation, and digitalization
- Raise ideas to Copy management as they occur
- A.A. degree or 60 hours of college credits toward a BA/BS degree in Communications, Radio/TV or related field preferred
- Experience in broadcast television traffic and knowledge of sports
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.