Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Corporate Development team has an opening for a strong Analyst/Senior Analyst. The Corporate Development team is charged with creating value for Sinclair’s shareholders by participating in the vetting of potential acquisitions/divestitures, creating frameworks for the analysis of potential new initiatives for Sinclair’s broadcast and sports operations, analyzing the financial impact of proposed strategic alliances, and negotiating and structuring investments that are in alignment with corporate strategy.
The Analyst/Senior Analyst will report to the AVP of Corporate Development. Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions/divestitures by generating detailed financial and synergy models and coordinating diligence efforts. Work collaboratively with internal Sinclair constituents and advisors to manage the engagement from start to finish. Constantly test and re-examine key assumptions
- Produce detailed operating plans for acquired assets that will be used as near-term performance benchmarks
- Develop customizable frameworks for assessing organic initiatives for Sinclair’s broadcast and sports operations. Help stage the timelines for new initiatives by proactively engaging with Sinclair’s other Corporate departments and local station management as necessary
- Construct analyses to evaluate potential strategic alliances. Develop an understanding of the key services provided by Sinclair’s corporate structure and produce detailed templates in conjunction with other departments that outline relevant decision points for senior management
- Conduct research to support the investment process
- Assist with the creation of business cases and management presentations
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- 2 to 5+ years of experience - all backgrounds considered, media/broadcast experience is a plus
- MBA, or progress towards an MBA, is a plus
- Creativity and strong analytical skills are valued
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrable history of working collaboratively and building relationships with all levels of management as well as external parties
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to deliver high quality results on tight deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.