Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The Corporate Hog Procurement Business Manager is responsible for supporting and improving key initatives and projects across hog procurement.Core Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the key initiatives related to the procurement function across the department. Build Actions Plans with achievable timelines when necessary.
- Manage CME Producer Contacting for the Smithfield enterprise.
- Develop and maintain hog procurement reporting.
- Support facilities by providing leadership and guidance. Work directly with East Coast hog procurement team to purchase and schedule the targeted number of high quality market pigs for the Smithfield facilities using pricing tools and parameters set by the procurement management team.
- Utilizes technology to demonstrate where opportunities exist to improve business. Monitors and tracks budgets and plans.
- Manages and promotes regulatory compliance requirements to employees and suppliers.
- Plays an active role in the preparation of contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring agreed upon obligations are met between both Smithfield and suppliers.
- Understands and interprets markets and establishes excellent business relationships with producers to support the procurement of hogs with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Prior knowledge of the pork or food industry.
- Mathematical, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Economic and math skills, and the ability to analyze information and data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and develop a vision and lead cross-functional teams to achievement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Requires travel, up to 25% of the time.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.