Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an experienced Corporate Transactional Attorney to join our team! We are looking for someone with a general corporate and/or M&A background to support the Content Distribution and Network Relations team. This role will be responsible for negotiating and drafting complex retransmission consent and affiliation agreements. This position has the ability to be remote.
- Drafting, analyzing and negotiating transactional and licensing agreements for different aspects of the company.
- Drafting, analyzing and negotiating affiliation agreements with the major television broadcast networks and carriage and distribution agreements licensing Company’s content to MVPDs, vMVPDs and other distributers.
- Provide counsel on legal issues related to distribution relationships, including MFN analysis and compliance
- Work on license agreements for basic programming services, broadcast networks and local broadcast stations
- Provide legal support and advice regarding distribution, as well as, participate in additional legal department initiatives
- Maintain a clear understanding of various rights issues related to the dissemination of content over multiple distribution platforms, including both traditional and emerging media distribution platforms
- Work independently and manage deals with minimal supervision while adhering to Company policies
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working as an attorney at a top-tier law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer. Experience in copyright law, content distribution and/or licensing preferred but not required.
- Experience drafting complex content distribution agreements for both linear and on-demand platforms is preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently or under limited supervision
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with colleagues, counterparts and management at all levels
- Law degree from an accredited law school
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.