Correspondent Account Executive
** This position will be working remotely in the Chicago area **
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Correspondent Account Executive in Chicago, Illinois.. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for the development and management of lender relationship within their assigned territory. This position will require exceptional communication skills are used ensure lenders understand and comply with all PenFed policies and procedures. This position will also target customers include, Credit Unions, Banks and Mortgage Banks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive sales plan to drive increased business from existing clients and the identification and on-boarding of new clients.
- Employ and document extensive due diligence an all prospective clients confirming clients meet eligibility requirements and business suitability.
- Request and obtain new lender Application Packages.
- Accountable for achieving individual monthly production objectives.
- Oversee and actively manage the loan production pipeline to ensure timely purchase of loans and accuracy of pipeline activity.
- Monitor lender results to include scorecards to ensure adherence to company’s business objectives; focus on mitigating credit, operational and reputational risk.
- Remain current on PenFed’s products and procedures to ensure all loan files are complete and within guidelines; promotes the PenFed value proposition and program differentiators.
- Lead new client on-boarding and overall training requests as needed.
- Develop the agenda, coordinate resources and reporting and lead client review meetings.
- Maintains client CRM database and provides leadership sales activity reports as requested.
- Proactively ensures that all client inquires and questions are timely resolved.
- Remain current on industry activities and financial markets.
- Attend relevant industry trade shows and conferences.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a related field is required. MBA Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in correspondent lending required.
- Excellent analytical and math skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
This position will not supervise staff
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and will be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.