Synventive Molding Solutions seeks a talented, self-driven and high-energy individual to serve as Cost Accountant for Synventive Molding Solutions, Americas. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will contribute as a key member of the team adding input to business decisions. We are looking for an experienced Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. A successful Cost Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills and a demonstrated understanding of Lean Techniques who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
- Review inventory transactions and analyze work order costs for anomalies and inconsistencies. Communicate with key members of the Operations Team on items needing review or adjustment.
- Support the Senior Cost Accountant with monthly reporting. Including but not limited to, gross profit analysis, costs of quality, and overhead absorption.
- Perform daily reconciliations of sales order bookings and shipments. Investigate issues by working with inside sales team to make sure corrective actions are implemented.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and yearly close process to prepare for the annual audit.
- Review and post daily accounting entries as required.
- Assist management in understanding underperforming job margins by pointing out areas of cost accumulation.
- Maintain customer rebate statements.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Budgets and Monthly Forecasting.
- Prepare journal entries and perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Support the Senior Cost Accountant with tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators.
- Assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable with vouchering and invoicing when needed.
- 2-3 years of general ledger accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of excel and financial reporting software.
- Understanding of accounting principles, practices, and internal controls.
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experience with integrated ERP software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.