The Cost Forecasting Manager helps stores bid long term or large jobs, follow up with stores, and assist with ordering to maximize the net profit of those jobs. Once the jobs are sold and orders are placed, follow up calls are also made to make sure we have sufficient material on site for the job. Responsibilities also include analyzing invoices for national accounts to capture non-commodity items so we can increase profits with different purchasing strategies. Also, required is watching market reports on commodities to take advantage of optimal market conditions to increase profit dollars, and to work with store managers to maximize buying opportunities when they arise.
- Put together cost forecast for bidding stores.
- Analyzing national accounts/sold jobs to maximize profit margin through different purchasing strategies
- Implement purchasing strategies for sold and ongoing jobs
- Follow up office calls with stores on pending and ongoing jobs
- Analyzing purchasing strategies of non commodity items