“SGS is the world’s leading inspection,verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as theglobal benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees,SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around theworld.”
- Couriers are responsible for making pick-ups of samples from client offices and worksites within a particular region. Couriers will also prepare and deliver bottle orders that scheduled for Courier delivery (as opposed to ones that were shipped). Couriers may be asked to unpack coolers and receive lab supplies when time allows.
- Prepare quality bottle orders for delivery to clients
- Schedule and assign all daily all customer pick-up and deliveries.
- Maintain all maps and customer directions.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct in on-site customer interactions.
- Schedule maintenance of all courier vehicles.
- Make pick-ups of samples at client offices or work sites.
- Deliver samples to laboratory and record sample receipt information.
- Assist in sample setup and/or login and create labels
- Maintain primary courier vehicle in good condition.
- Follow all Laboratory and Driving Safety, Ethics and Quality practices.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Read, understand and perform all applicable laboratory SOPs as written.
- Maintain all required documentation with accuracy and clarity.
- High School degree or general education degree (GED), preferred. No experience required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work current shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) to meet business commitments.
- Must have clean driving record and valid drivers license at all times
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels and instructions.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weight up to 50 pounds; climb, bend, reach, without restriction.
"SGSis an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, andpromote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color,religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizenstatus, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or anyother non-job-related characteristics."
"Thisposition is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that allpersons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regardingselection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers andother personnel action”.