The Nursing Clinical Manager for the Critical Care Transport Team assists the assigned Nursing Unit Director and/or Director of the Critical Care Transport Program in the management of clinical and administrative activities of the department in order to ensure patients the provision of quality care.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Promotes and participates in staff learning and development.
- In collaboration with unit leadership and staff, promotes staff learning, competence, and collegial relationships to strengthen patient outcomes.
- Assists in the scheduling and monitoring of staff educational programming.
- Acts as a role model by maintaining certification in leadership, clinical and leadership expertise through demonstration, current practice, and participation in learning opportunities.
- Proactively coaches for performance improvement and achievement of unit/department goals.
- Develops and demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrates active, productive participation in or leadership of unit/ department based or hospital-wide teams to represent nursing and improve patient outcomes.
- Serves as an approachable role model and resource to the staff.
- Manages the department activities and executes leadership responsibilities efficiently to ensure optimal patient care.
- Assists in staff performance development and evaluation processes, delivering recognition and reinforcement in a timely fashion, and assures accountability for professional nursing practice.
- Utilizes leadership knowledge and expertise to manage conflict.
- Promotes positive, open communication among all members of the healthcare team as well as patients, families and visitors.
- Promotes self-care strategies.
- Places the care of the patient and family as the priority.
- Recognizes and identifies patient and departmental needs and initiates appropriate action to support delivery of care.
- Communicates and supports changes in policy, procedure and new information to staff and effectively addresses concerns.
- Participates in ensuring documentation meets standards according to hospital policy and quality measures are maintained.
- Rounds on patients daily to assure patients are receiving care required.
- Identifies safety and risk issues within the environment and works to correct them.
- Collaborates with the Healthcare team to assure the plan of care for the patient is appropriate based on patient needs.
- Responsible for assisting departmental leadership in assuring appropriate staffing to meet patient care needs of the unit/department.
- Collaborates with the team to assure appropriate, balanced staffing to meet patient care needs 24/7.
- Assists departmental leadership in monitoring Kronos time utilization.
- Is knowledgeable about and can translate to staff the department staffing matrix and labor productivity. Collaborates with departmental leadership to monitor staffing effectiveness and material resources utilization.
Up to 60% of FTE may be spent in direct patient care.
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting (ICU, ED)
- Previous Critical Care Transport experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- PA DOH Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) Certification REQUIRED
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS Certification
- AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- PA Registered Nurse License
- Nursing Certification in related area of expertise preferred
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint