Do you possess a deep and extensive knowledge of Ag and Crop Protection? Do you have a proven track record serving as a liaison and negotiating competitive positions with suppliers and vendors? Can you lead, influence, and execute strategy with a strong organizational awareness? Are you available to travel up to 50% of the time? If you are confident in your abilities, and you said YES to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Crop Protection Strategy Lead develops, coordinates and executes the national CP supplier strategy across their assigned market. In addition, The Strategy Lead has a key role in negotiating both cost and supply as well as developing supplier relationships. The Strategy Lead acts as an advocate for Wilbur-Ellis both nationally and within assigned region. The Strategy Lead plays an active role in monitoring, tracking and fulfilling rebates and program management.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or related fields required. MBA a plus. Holds current licensure/registration i.e. qualified applicator, certified crop advisor, pest control adviser preferred.
- Experience within agribusiness or similar industry. Crop protection supplier marketing required, and distributor experience preferred.
- Impact and influence — Ability to influence, develop and maintain effective internal/external relationships to facilitate change, with and without authority, and ensure cohesion across the organization. Able to promote and secure buy in from a cross-functional leadership team and peer groups within the organization.
- Interpersonal effectiveness — Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts/issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably with different cultures and in strange and challenging situation and to direct and instruct in a respectful and polite manner.
- Deep understanding/knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Agribusiness and Crop Protection industry including knowledge of regional cropping trends, markets and crop economics
- Strong analytical ability (data, metrics, and programs) and ability to turn data analysis into opportunities and strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to manage communication with all levels of the organization, internally and externally, and to negotiate competitive positions
- Solid skill in ensuring business processes are adopted and followed such as national and regional rebate redemption processes
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Key Personal Attributes:
- Aligns to company core values Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability and Service.
- Ability to lead and execute with a deep organizational awareness
- Solid and trusted relationships among peers and industry contacts
- Strong organizational and time management skills while effectively manage multiple projects
- Strong, proven track record in current and previous roles including in inventory management and managing working capital
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Leads the development and execution of regional and or national supplier strategies and programs, in partnership with the regional field development lead.
- Fosters teamwork to achieve goals that align regionally and nationally including maintaining and directing supplier strategy and product selection and coordination of local supplier opportunities within assigned region
- Liaises at multiple levels both internally and externally to guide sales and operations planning for the region and to negotiate competitive positions with suppliers and vendors in support of national strategy
- Monitoring, reporting and communicating the regional strategy for Crop Protection including supplier strategy, programs, pricing, planning, procurement, product selection, inventory control, logistics, distribution, rebate tracking and collection and key information throughout the division in support of the national Crop Protection strategy
- Maintaining strong regional relationships with all Crop Protection vendors including enhancing business to business relationships and developing aligned regional strategies that support and achieve national objectives
- Coordinating regional product use analysis and modeling to support Sales and Operational Planning for Crop Protection
- Represents regional business needs to the national Crop Protection strategy team
- Represents the Region’s Crop Protection business with the supplier’s marketing teams to ensure crop marketing plans align to region and maximize the region’s profitability for all inputs
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (salary determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are a current employee of Wilbur-Ellis, please contact your manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.