Curriculum Developer/Technical Courseware Developer/ Technical Instructional Designer
6 month contract with potential to turn FTE
No Remote option.
Seeking Subject Matter Expert who has experience working in Software Development
Top 3 Must Haves:
1. Experience in developing technical instructional design curriculum (10 years)
2. Proficiency in developing interactive courseware with Captivate
3. Ability to provide mentoring to others
•**Please submit samples or portfolio ***
In this role, you will combine your expertise in instructional design and technology to help us create interactive courses that teach Bronto users how to get the most out of the platform. Working on a small team of technical writer /courseware developers, you will design and create self-paced, interactive courseware.
Your primary goal is to create engaging, effective, and interactive courseware for self-paced learning that enables Bronto users to ramp up quickly and understand the capabilities of the Bronto platform.
A Bachelor's degree in education, instructional design, curriculum design, educational technology, or a related degree is preferred. Minimum of three years' experience in designing and developing technical courseware (7+ years if candidate doesn't have a Bachelor's Degree), including creating self-learning courses.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles
• Proficiency in using Adobe applications, such as Captivate
• Ability to provide instructional design and Captivate development mentoring to others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of agile software development methodology
• Proficient with CSS/HTML/XML and Git/GitHub for version control ***Highly desirable
• Empathize with Bronto learners
• Scope and estimate level of effort for project deliverables
• Review current product documentation for potential inclusion in new courses
• Apply instructional design techniques, best practices (including gaming techniques), and adult learning theory
• Propose, design, and create new self-paced courses
• Act as courseware development expert for other developers
• Create skill assessments/evaluations for training objectives
• Report statuses, risks, and issues on a regular basis
• Demonstrate good judgment when solving problems, identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.