With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Responsible for preparing the donor, donor area and equipment for the pheresis process.
1 Prepares the autopheresis machine for the pheresis process.
2 Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
3 Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
4 Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
5 Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
6 Uses PDA to link equipment and soft goods used in the pheresis process to the appropriate donor.
7 Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
8 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
9 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
10 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
11 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
12 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
13 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
14 Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of three (3) months’ work experience, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.