Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Customer Service & Driver of Medical Equipment (Customer Service Technician) to join the Rotech team! In this position you will be responsible as needed for the delivery, set up and maintenance of medical equipment, oxygen and supplies. As well as the instruction to patients and/or caregivers concerning proper use and maintenance of equipment. Position is also responsible as needed for providing customer service over the phone and in-person to patients and referral sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Assemblies charts and processes paperwork, including preparation of files for the Billing Department and completes batch reports for UPS deliveries
- Assists with updating respiratory grid
- Builds relationships with locations, patients and referral sources
- Clears previous day’s route and checks all paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Collects co‐pays and deductible amounts
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including, but not limited to invoices, work orders, manifests and logs, patient care instructions, route sheets, etc.
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures to meet JCAHO and company standards
- Conducts insurance verification and eligibility for services/products
- Conducts patient satisfaction calls and acts as patient advocate to resolve questions or concerns
- Coordinates, collects and inputs all patient information and new patient set-ups
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local governmental regulations
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address using company vehicle
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations, products and services offered by the company, and FDA/DOT, JCAHO and all applicable governmental guidelines and regulations
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition
- Maintains referral log
- Manages all aspects of intake; data entry, answering the phone, outbound calling, receiving faxes, maintaining referral source information and log and data input into IMBS
- Monitors office supplies
- Observes additional needs that the patient may have and reports to management during morning meeting
- Prepares and completes CMNs/SOPs for Sales Reps and documents on tracking log
- Prepares deposit for location on a weekly basis
- Prepares tickets for daily routes and coordinates timely fulfillment of products and services ordered
- Provides education to referral sources, patients and employees on qualifications for service and 3rd party billing
- Provides service for walk-in patients and walk-in equipment requests
- Provides technical assistance to customers as required
- Reports equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required
- Verifies Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance coverage information
- Works extensively with e‐Intake proprietary system; maintains accuracy and quality control throughout initial patient contact and data input
- Works with location personnel to coordinate deliveries
- Performs other duties as assigned