Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am to 11:00pm). As a new hire the starting shift will be 11:35am - 8:05pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 6200 Northwest Pkwy, San Antonio, Texas 78249.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma, GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- HealthCare/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
Careerswith UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and buildingthe industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution.Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession withdriving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is servingemployers and individuals, states and communities, Military families andVeterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resourcesof an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second tonone. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s bestwork.SM
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.
Keywords:customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group,call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, trainingclass