Customer Care Representative responds to inquiries regarding insurance coverage submitted by association members through various channels, assisting in the enrollment process and servicing policies. Expected to demonstrate all of the required skills and abilities on a timely basis by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers inbound calls involving questions leading to sales of new policies and the service of those policies
- Makes outbound calls to follow up on prospects, telemarketing calls and replies to service questions that involve research.
- Performs various administrative tasks such as preparing and typing memorandums and letters as a result of sales made and service questions.
- Communicates daily and interacts to develop positive working relations with customers, peers, team members, managers and carriers of the products we sell and service.
- Builds strong relationships with their customers and contacts.
- Ability to give detailed explanation of the products being recommended and sold, while fulfilling the insurance needs of the clients.
- Provide clients with satisfactory explanations of the Carrier's product policies and the procedures for obtaining service from the carriers.
- Adapts to new work methods, conditions and policies and works within company philosophy and culture
- Ability to work with ongoing change.
- Provide advice and direction without prior authorization.
- Adhere to schedules, Customer Service Telephone Etiquette, availability for calls, sales goals and time service goals
- Must use creative and innovative techniques to sell products and find solutions to client services issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.