Are you an ambitious multi-tasker, with a can-do attitude with the ability to multitask and solve problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you love BACON? If you answered yes to both these questions you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for the managing Customer Sales order activities, Coordinating Supply Chain efficiency and building strong relationships within the order to cash process. This role will manage the receipt of customer purchase orders, ensuring prompt resolution of any issues which may arise from the time the order is placed through the date of invoice, as well as actively managing any on-going logistics maintenance and relationship growth with the assigned customer and sales personnel. The Customer Service Coordinator will act as the voice of the Supply Chain organization and communicate directly with internal and external partners.Core Responsibilities
- Ensures all order management guidelines such as lead time, order minimums, order cut-off times, late order requests and changes are followed in order to minimize errors and maximize Supply Chain efficiency.
- Proactively identifies and reviews potential product shortages and partners with Supply Planning to address potential issues before they occur.
- Handles the late order approval process for late order requests to process and ship under standard lead time.
- Immediately addresses and corrects any inaccurate order information such as incorrect sold to number, ship to number, item codes and ship or delivery dates submitted by sales, brokers or customers.
- Assists in managing Customer Master Data to ensure customer records are accurate and order entry is not delayed.
- Proactively notifies sales/brokers if customer has not picked up load or a shipment will not arrive on time. Partners with Logistical Services to provide resolutions and updates to customers on tracking information.
- Provides and reports on order management/logistics related account information in Excel and Power BI such as fill rates, lead times, item specific shortage information, etc.
- Consistently monitors the Electronic Database Interchange (EDI) for orders that need to be pulled into SAP.
- Assists in identifying root cause analysis around account specific logistics related issues.
- Contacts plant Billers to Goods Issue orders that have shipped, so that they can invoice.
- Assists claims department on matters related to incorrect or rejected orders.
- Assists accounting department in deduction resolution.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+ years related experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of Order processing systems Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Situational Awareness with the ability to understand and embrace changing business processes.
- Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits