The Inside Salesperson is primarily responsible for assisting customers through the sales cycle from quotation to order fulfillment. Other responsibilities include reviewing project specifications, completing substitution requests, tracking upcoming projects and managing awarded projects.
Provide the following services to customers:
- Project quotations in collaboration with General Manager and Outside Sales.
- Product samples.
- Entering new orders.
- Communicate date and time of deliveries to customers after collaborating with operations staff.
- Trouble-shooting and problem-solving customer complaints/issues.
- Manage commercial distribution projects. This includes:
- Reviewing specifications, requesting substitutions and tracking, creating quotes and tracking all projects through subcontractors being awarded.
- Update hard files, quote and CRM in order to accurately track projects.
- Negotiating with manufacturers to reduce costs.
- Providing Submittals.
- Pricing for all products on projects.
- Managing the inventory for upcoming and ongoing projects.
- Be a product expert in drywall, steel framing, claddings, EIFS and acoustical ceilings.
- Assist walk-in customers and occasionally assemble loads for delivery.
- Verify that all outgoing products match the invoice.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to investigate and pursue new projects and potential customers.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.