Are you customer focused with an attention to detail? Do you have a background in agriculture or the tuff industry? Are you proficient with computers and Windows applications? Do you have a positive outlook and excellent communication skills? Are you highly organized with an ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This position provides administrative clerical support and is a team member in the interactions and interface between customer, field sales team and operations support to ensure excellent service and overall customer satisfaction. Provides clerical assistance in order processing and inventory management.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with computers to intermediate level utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems. JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts and the ability to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical application with accuracy
- Ability to sit at a desk and/or computer terminal to perform writing and/or keying/typing information for protracted periods of time
- Mobility to move freely across uneven terrain both indoors and outdoors safely
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal, written and utilizing all media (phone, e-mail, text)) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Practical organization skills with strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints from sales staff and other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Reads, writes and speaks the English language fluently
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Assists field sales staff with the preparation and documentation of product recommendations and use records
- Assists with electronic order entry and processing (sales order, shipping documents, invoicing) utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Responds to customer sales inquiries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- Assists Branch Manager and field sales staff with product use forecast, sales reporting and budget preparation
- As part of the support team, document and process product use recommendations as required
- Utilizing JDE, enter and process customers' orders as requested. Meet or exceed timelines established under Timely Transaction Processing policy (TTP)
- Work closely with office team to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet customer needs
- Assist Sales Team in accurate customer pricing and quickly resolve any inquires or concerns
- Prepare standard use and sales reports as well as any custom reports as requested by management, sales and customer
- Assist Sales Team in annual budget preparation and monthly budget vs. actual reports
- Assists other office team members in administrative tasks to ensure quality customer service, meeting deadlines and sales support
- Supports Branch and/or Operations Manager as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)